Thursday, February 7, 2008

Noon at Nunavut

CT1: Nunavut

I swam and I swam, through icy seas, trying to keep the eastern coast of Newfoundland in sight.

And then I saw land ahead, as well as to my left, and I knew I was approaching Nunavut, a frozen land of the north.

I reached land at Baffin Bay, a partof Nunavut, in the late morning, and had lunch at noon on the edge of Iqualuit.

Then I travelled overland to Cape Dorset, before leaving Baffin Bay. I stopped off for a break at Coral Harbour, hey come on, I'd done a lot of swimming, before reaching Chesterfield Inlet by the evening. I then went overland down to Whale Cove, before travelling inland to Cambridge Bay, where I rested up for the night.

I'd enjoyed the day, although it had been quite exhausting, and was happy to have made such good progress, considering the difficult conditions.

I used http://www.gov.nu.ca/education/eng/images/Nunavutmap.gif to plan my route.

No comments: