Monday, July 28, 2008

Floor rider in Florida

F=Florida

When is an acronym not an acronym? Maybe when there's only one letter? I didn't have time to work out if one letter can constitute an acronym, because I was heading down to Florida, and at the end of a long and epic journey I thought it was time to hit the BEACH!

So I swam through beautiful seas down to the Florida coast; I of course chameleonised my fur into a gorgeous turquoise and azure number, and this helped me avoid any shark bovver. Although sharks are not usually any problem anyway, and have nearly as much right to life as wolves.

I hitched a lift on a space shuttle leaving Cape Canaveral, and got off above Jupiter; Jupiter a little further down the coast that is, not the Jupiter near Saturn off in outer space.

Then I swam through more tropical waters to Hollywood City, and thought I was back on the west coast for a while. I headed inland after that, and crossed the Everglades; fascinating, but a bit dodgy with all those reptiles.

I was crossing a path, when an Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake asked who I was; after I explained that I was the Greenygrey, and travelling across North America by land, air and sea, it said it was called Ernie, and it only rode the floor. We talked a little more after that, but nothing important enough to document here, before I headed back to the BEACH.

I swam out to Marathon on the Florida Keys, before ending my Florida journey at Key West, where I celebrated with some lime pie; it only needed a bit of grey to be really fitting!

No comments: